I enjoy watching mixed martial arts (MMA). It is extremely demanding, compared to boxing for example. The multi-disciplinary style each fighter must learn or cope with keeps fights interesting. While I appreciate a good old brawl in the cage, I can also appreciate technical fighting and submissions. That said, there are some parts i’d love to see change, even once in a while.
- “I have to thank God..” as part of the winning speech. Ok fine, you got the power from God. Just once, one of these god-fearing religious types need to blame god when they lose. “Well, i guess God had it in for me this time..” or maybe “Wow, ya know, God really failed me here.”
- A fighter needs to enter the ring, and not have a single tattoo. No visible ink at all. No over-done tribal, no cursive names, no elaborate fiery demons.
- A fighter needs to enter the venue to an unconventional song, these ‘bad ass’ songs and lame rap songs are boring. Joe Blow entering to Portishead’s “Sour Times” would be great.
- Just one fighter, needs to use his name, and not a nickname. Joe Blow fighting this time. Not Joe “The Savage” Blow or Joe “Facemangler” Blow.
- If you talk shit for days before a match, don’t wuss out afterwards, even if you win. You spent hours calling the other guy a pussy, saying he can’t fight and that he chugs cock between matches. After you beat him, or he beats you, don’t wuss out with “yeah, just talking shit, he’s a great fighter blah blah wimp wimp”.